Skip to main content

myIR outage Some areas in myIR, such as child support, will be unavailable from 12am until 6am Sunday 20 September. Thank you for your patience.

Offices closed All Inland Revenue offices are currently closed to the public to help limit the spread of COVID-19.

COVID-19 - Level 2 If you've been affected by COVID-19, we may be able to help. Find out more

Use this form to register a voluntary agreement or court order for domestic maintenance with us.

Gather your information

For the receiving carer, you'll need their:

  • IRD number
  • current address
  • contact details
  • bank account information.

For the liable parent, you'll need their:

  • IRD number
  • current address
  • contact details
  • employer's information, if known.

For setting up payments, you'll need the:

  • amount to be paid
  • payment frequency
  • start date
  • lump sum, if any.

Download and fill in the form

Send the form to us in myIR

Send your completed form to us in myIR.

Make sure you let us know the message is for child support. Attach your completed IR962 form and any supporting documents to the message.

You do not need to sign the form when sending it to us in myIR.

How to send a message in myIR

What happens next

We'll start collecting payments of domestic maintenance for you. We'll use the start date you give in the form.