Draft a letter
Include the following in your letter:
- Your company’s IRD number.
- The date you will close your company.
- The reason you’re closing your company.
- Which years the final returns will be filed for, and when they will be filed if not already.
- Whether your company has any outstanding returns or debts with us and what is being done about them.
- Whether you’ve distributed assets to shareholders, directors, general or limited partners or any other person or entity for less than market value including debt forgiveness. We’ll need the relevant details.
- What company assets there are and what will happen to them.
- A copy of the profit and loss account and the balance sheet up to the date of closure.
- The name and contact details for any further queries.
- Any other information you think is relevant.
Post your letter to us
Make a copy and post your letter to:
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045
What happens next
We’ll send you a written reply. If it’s our ‘no objection’ letter, you can start the procedure to get your company taken off the Companies Register.