Use this form to send a response to a child support review. Paying parents and receiving carers can use this form to give information for the hearing.
Gather your information
You'll need your:
- IRD number
- current address
- contact details.
For the future hearing, decide whether you want to:
- bring a support person
- have a representative in your place.
Download the form and save it
You can complete this form online before printing.
Sign the form and send it to us
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045
What happens next
All parties to the review will have access to the information you give in your response. If you choose to take part in the hearing, we'll:
- give you the information provided by the applicant
- organise a hearing with you that matches your choices in your response.
If you want to take part in the review hearing, we must get your response within 14 days of the date either:
- the copy of the application was forwarded to you
- notification of the application was sent.
A hearing takes around 30 minutes and is:
- informal compared to court hearings
- held separately with each party
- for clarifying information.
A decision is not made at the hearings, but afterwards. You can choose whether you take part in the review or not. Taking part allows the review officer to consider your side of the story, as well as the applicant's.
The information you give must be relevant to the review. You should only provide information you're comfortable with giving to the other party or parties.Helping you understand child support reviews IR175 (PDF 385KB) Download form