Skip to main content

COVID-19 - Level 4 Inland Revenue will continue to provide services throughout the COVID-19 response, including paying Working for Families. Please use our online services as phone contact is severely limited. Find out more >

Gather your information

You will need your IRD number.

Your partner will need:

  • their IRD number and tax code
  • information about their income
  • a declaration from your employer, chartered accountant or tax advisor, or a statutory declaration witnessed by a Justice of the Peace, or other person authorised to witness statutory declarations.

Fill in the form and send it to us

Send your completed form to:

Inland Revenue
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045

What happens next

If your partner is eligible for paid parental leave we will send them a payment advice letter that tells them:

  • their weekly paid parental leave entitlement amount
  • the amount of their regular fortnightly payments
  • the dates when all their payments will be received.

Their first and last payments might be different to their regular fortnightly amounts. These will depend on the start date of their paid parental leave.

My responsibilities

You will also need to complete a Paid parental leave application - IR880.