Skip to main content

myIR outage Some areas in myIR, such as child support, will be unavailable from 12am until 6am Sunday 20 September. Thank you for your patience.

Offices closed All Inland Revenue offices are currently closed to the public to help limit the spread of COVID-19.

COVID-19 - Level 2 If you've been affected by COVID-19, we may be able to help. Find out more

Gather your information

You'll be able to update 1 or all of:

  • your contact details
  • your relationship details
  • the children leaving your care or no longer qualifying children
  • your dependent children
  • recognised care, either adding or changing it
  • whether you start or stop receiving a benefit from Work and Income
  • any other changes you want to tell us about.

Go to your child support account

From the homepage in your myIR account, you'll be able to see your child support account under the 'Accounts' tab. 

It will say either: 

Click on your account.

Select 'Child support change of circumstances'

Follow the prompts to enter some or all of the above information.

Log in to myIR

What happens next

Your details will update straightaway in myIR.

If there are changes to your payments we will send you a new notice of entitlement or assessment. If you're registered for myIR, you'll receive this electronically, otherwise we'll send it to you by post.

You can see new payment details in myIR.

See my child support payments

Choosing a type of child support

My responsibilities

As a child support customer, you must always remember to:

  • tell us about changes
  • check your information
  • keep up with payments.

If you want to use a paper form, fill in Change of circumstances - IR116. Sign the form and send it to us at:

Child Support
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045

Make sure to attach any documents needed to support your completed form.

Child support - contact us