Skip to main content

COVID-19 - Level 2 If you have been affected by COVID-19, we may be able to help. Find out more

If you're a non-parent carer, use this form if you want to stop getting child support payments from one of the paying parents. You can also use this form to cancel a waiver, which will restart payments.

Gather your information

You'll need:

  • your IRD number
  • your current address
  • contact details
  • the name of the paying parent the waiver applies to
  • to list which child or children this applies to
  • the date you want the waiver to start.

Download the form and save it

You can complete this form online before printing.

Sign the form and send it to us

Child support
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045


What happens next

We'll start the waiver from the date you give us in the form. 

My responsibilities

If you're getting an unsupported child's benefit or a sole parent benefit, you cannot apply for a waiver.

If you want to stop getting your child support from both parents, you need to cancel your child support.

Cancel your child support