Skip to main content

Security From 30 October, we are increasing the security of our websites. If you have an old browser, you may need to update it.

Te rēhita mō te tāke painga tāpiri Registering for fringe benefit tax


You need to register for fringe benefit tax (FBT) when you start giving a fringe benefit. You can do this when you first register as an employer in myIR, or later if you decide to start giving employees a fringe benefit.

If you provide fringe benefits but are not registered yet, you need to back-date your registration to when you first provided a fringe benefit. You may need to file returns for earlier periods and make any outstanding payments. You can register on myIR, or call us to find out more.

Business - general questions

Business - general queries
0800 377 774