myIR, payments and more
Business Tax Update
The Business Tax Update provides updates on PAYE, GST and FBT and other relevant tax issues so you can get all your business tax news in one place.
Issue 92 June 2018
PDF | 190KB | 3 pages
In this issue:
- Remember to file your tax return by 7 July – on time
- Get set for AIM
- R&D loss tax credit claims for 2017/18 tax year
- Granting myIR access to another person
- What to do if you’re amalgamating companies
- Are you making the most of your KiwiSaver?
- CRS, FATCA annual disclosures due 30 June
- Employer corner:
- Handling voluntary repayments on student loans
- Employees going overseas
- Employees taking a KiwiSaver contributions holiday
- Sign up for the latest news and tips from Employment New Zealand (part of MBIE)
- Make sure you are filing your fringe benefit tax returns correctly
Issue 91 May 2018
PDF | 237KB | 3 pages
In this issue: Pay provisional tax only when you make a profit; The Families Package - what does it mean for your employees?; Register and report for the Common Reporting Standards (CRS); Large Enterprises: Use-of-money interest calculated incorrectly on non-resident companies
Issue 90 April 2018
PDF | 272KB | 4 pages
In this issue: Briefs, Bright-line test extended to 5 years; Assistance for farmers affected by recent droughts or ex-cyclone Gita; Payday filing legislation has been passed, New in GST, New myIR secure online services are nearly here; Changes to employee share schemes; Is your entity a NZ financial institution needing to register and report annually for the CRS?
Issue 89 March 2018
PDF | 232KB | 2 pages
In this issue: KiwiSaver for employers – what you need to do for new and existing employees; Time to check EMS schedules; Are you a sole trader? Are you paying the right tax?; New provisional tax option to help businesses with cashflow; Sale and purchase of a business – common tax issues; New features in myIR; Free seminars and webinars for businesses; Sharing information to fight global tax evasion – how to register and report; Payday reporting is currently before Parliament.
Issue 88 February 2018
PDF | 250KB | 4 pages
In this issue: Free online training on employer obligations and rights from MBIE; Is your business food? You may need to register for the Food Act 2014; Check out our quick tour video and upcoming 'how to' videos; Changes to how you file and calculate your FBT return; AIM: the new cash flow game-changer for small business.