myIR, payments and more

Forms and guides
Ngā puka tāke me ngā puka tohutohu

Search forms

Find a form or guide based on keyword, document title or document number.

Child support

Title and summary Number

This guide provides all the information required for liable parents and receiving carers when they begin paying or receiving child support.


Parents of qualifying children can apply for a formula assessment of child support. If you're a parent living in Australia, you must apply for child support through the Australian Department of Human Services (DHS).


Form to register a voluntary agreement for the payment of child support


This factsheet tells you how someone can qualify as a child's non-parent carer and apply for child support.


Use this form if you are required to pay child support


Use this form to estimate your current taxable income for child support assessment for the 2019 year.


If you're a prison inmate or hospital patient you can apply for an exemption from paying child support or domestic maintenance.


If you're a liable person under 16 years old (or have recently turned 16) and want an exemption from paying child support, you may be able to use this form.


If you're a liable parent and want an exemption from paying child support on the grounds you were the victim of a sex offence, you may be able to use this form.


Form to complete to acknowledge to us that you are the father of a child, if no other proof exists.


Use if you want to stop receiving child support under a formula assessment, voluntary agreement or court order.


Complete this form if you want to cancel the estimate of your taxable income for your child support assessment. You can also complete this form online.


Use this form if you want to stop receiving domestic maintenance under a court order or voluntary agreement.


Use this form if you have any new or updated information for us about a change in your child support circumstances


Use this form to show grounds for any objections about child support. Either party can object to a decision or assessment


Questionnaire to use so we can determine whether care of the child(ren) meets the recognised care criteria for a 365 day period.


Form to use if you're entitled to receive child support or domestic maintenance payments but you don't want us to collect payments from the liable parent.


Use this form to work out how much you can pay towards your child support debt (if you're a liable parent) or your overpayment (if you're a receiving carer).


A slip to attach to manual (cheque) child support payments you make to us.


This guide sets out the child support responsibilities of liable parents who are long-term hospital patients.


You can estimate your income for all of the child support year or any time during the child support year. If you estimate for the whole year the election period is from 1 April to 31 March which is 365 days.


This guide sets out the child support responsibilities of prison inmates.


This guide is for people who currently share or intend to share the care of children. It explains how recognised care will affect child support payments.


This factsheet provides information about voluntary agreements for child support. It explains who can have a voluntary agreement and what information we need.


This factsheet provides information about child support for receiving carers returning to work after receiving a sole parent benefit.


This guide sets out your options on how and where to apply if you disagree with any decision made by us.


When a person applies for a child support assessment, we use a formula as set out in the Child Support Act 1991 to work out payments. If you believe the assessment is unfair, you may be able to ask for a review. Find out how to apply in the guide.


Use this form to provide information about your financial position if you are having a child support review. Completing this form will help the review officer to determine how any change to the child support assessment would affect each party. Completing this form is optional. Information you provide will be passed on to the other party to the review.


This factsheet gives an overview of the child support scheme we administer. It includes general information for parents, or any person caring for a child who is not their own.

An application to have the amount of formula-assessed child support you pay or receive reviewed under one or more of the twelve qualifying grounds.


This is a supplementary form to the Application for an administrative review (IR470) when the high cost of access is one of the grounds for your application.


A form for you to respond if you've been notified by us that the liable parent or receiving carer has applied for a review of formula-assessed child support.


An application for a review if the liable parent you receive child support from has been granted an exemption from making child support payments.


Information for parents and non-parent carers on the 1 April 2016 changes to child support.


Use this form if you want to apply for child support against the parents of a child or if you receive an unsupported child's benefit for a child. You must apply against both parents.


Use this form to register a court order for the payment of child support.


Use this form if you're a non-parent carer and you don't want to receive child support payments from one of the liable parents. We call this a "waiver". You can also use this form if you want to cancel a waiver.


Use this form to register a voluntary agreement or court order for the payment of domestic maintenance.