myIR, payments and more
Working for Families Tax Credits registration 2017 (FS1)
(Use for the period 1 April 2016 to 31 March 2017)
Use this form if you think you meet the criteria and want to apply to receive Working for Families Tax Credit payments weekly, fortnightly, or a payment at the end of the tax year.
You do not need to complete this form if:
- you are receiving an income tested benefit from Work and Income and you are receiving family tax credits or
- your income tested benefit and family tax credit from Work and Income is stopping. Your details will be transferred to us electronically and we will continue to pay your entitlement, or
- you have registered for Working for Families Tax Credits in the past.
If you have applied in the past, and think you may be eligible to begin receiving Working for Families Tax Credit payments again, you can:
- update your details in Online Services, or
- call us on 0800 227 773.
You may be required to provide more information if you:
- you were not born in New Zealand, or
- you do not have New Zealand citizenship, or
- have business income.
We will contact you to request the information if we require it.