Skip to Content

Forms and guides
Kimihia he parongo mo

Forms starting with: N

New Zealand tax residence questionnaire IR886

(published March 2011) 

About this form

Form to use to tell us you are leaving, or have left New Zealand so we can tell you your tax residence status and if you have any further New Zealand tax obligations. It also includes the IR597 form you can use to elect someone in New Zealand to act on your behalf.

Adobe Acrobat PDF | 132kb | 2 pages

When to use this form

Use this form if you are leaving or have left New Zealand and would like to know if you have any ongoing liability for student loans or income tax in New Zealand.

What you will need

To complete this form you will need your:

  • IRD number
  • income and employment details, and
  • date of departure from New Zealand.

If you are also completing the Elect someone to act on your behalf (IR597) form you will also need your nominated person's IRD number and postal details.

Report an accessibility problem for this page

After you finish

Please print out this form, complete and then send to one of the mailing addresses listed on page 3.

List of postal addresses for Inland Revenue >