myIR, payments and more
Paid parental leave (PPL) application (IR880)
Use this form to apply for paid parental leave (PPL).
You can apply for PPL before your parental leave starts, or at any time while you're on leave - you need to apply before you return to work or self-employment.
To complete this form, you will need:
- your IRD number
- birth date or expected due date of your child (or child under 6 years old who is now in your primary care)
- your bank account number and tax code
- proof you have care of the child
- details of your work and income for the last 52 weeks.
This form includes a declaration to confirm the income and work details you have provided. You need to fill in the applicant's section, and then take the form to either:
- your employer
- your chartered accountant or tax advisor, or
- a Justice of the Peace (or other person authorised to witness a statutory declaration).
When all sections of the form have been completed, send the form to us at the following address:
PO Box 39090
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045.