myIR, payments and more
Māori organisations: How to become a Māori authority
Once your organisation has determined that it meets the Māori authority eligibility requirements, you'll need to notify us that you want to become a Māori authority. You'll need to complete a Māori authority election (IR483) form.
You can obtain a Māori authority election (IR483) form in one of the following ways:
- go to "Get it done online" to complete the form through our website.
- go to "Forms and guides" to download and print the form.
- order it through our 0800 self-service line on 0800 257 773.
- complete the form through E-file correspondence (applies to agents only).
- contact us on our business income tax and general enquiries line at 0800 377 774.
|New entities not registered with Inland Revenue will first need to complete an IRD number application - non-individual (IR596) form.|