Skip to Content

Unclaimed money
Ngā pūtea moni kāore anō kia tono

Find out if you're entitled to unclaimed money

We provide a service for the true owners of unclaimed money which has been left untouched for six or more years in companies such as financial institutions and insurance companies.

Unclaimed money is not income tax refunds or any other unpaid tax refunds. Find out if you could be entitled to a tax refund.

If you believe you are entitled to unclaimed money please send us your name, address, IRD number and proof of identity (for example a copy of a birth certificate, driver's licence or passport) by email to

or by mail to:

Unclaimed Money
Inland Revenue
PO Box 38222
Wellington Mail Centre 5045