For businesses and employers: Starting a business
Kaitakawaenga Māori work out of most Inland Revenue offices. They offer a free advisory service to help meet the needs of Māori individuals, organisations and businesses, including:
- sports clubs
- kōhanga reo, and
- other non-profit bodies.
They are particularly useful for organisations where people in voluntary positions, such as treasurers, frequently change.
How our service can help you
Kaitakawaenga Māori can:
- visit you at home or in the workplace (or you can come and see us if you prefer)
- provide one-to-one tax advice and information
- provide tax training and seminars to Māori groups
- provide tax agencies at resource centres or marae
- supply information booklets on a range of different tax obligations.
They will tell you about:
- the taxes you need to know about
- what records you need to keep
- how to complete your tax returns
- the KiwiSaver savings initiative
- when to file returns and make payments.
You can request a visit from a Kaitakawaenga Māori through our Arrange a business advisory visit service.
Date published: 26 Apr 2012