Data is updated annually. As the return filing process for 2013 is still in progress, the latest published returns filing and compliance statistics are mainly for the 2012 fiscal year. The customer, debt and overall revenue statistics are available for the 2013 tax year.
Current tables were published on 5 March 2014.
Notes relevant to all tables and graphs
- Tax statistics include only data collected by Inland Revenue.
- Statistics are chosen to meet Official Statistics System criteria and to allow robust analysis.
- The data does not duplicate statistics available separately from other sources such as Statistics New Zealand or The Treasury.
- Statistics are presented as both tables and graphs and cover the period from 2001 onwards. You can download each graph and table.
- We provide links to definitions so each table or graph can be understood and the statistics used effectively.
- All numbers in the tables are rounded, which means the totals are not always consistent with the sums across the corresponding categories.
- We provide revenue and debt statistics for each fiscal year ending 30 June. All other data is presented at or for the tax year ending, 31 March.
- All statistics are correct at 15 September of the year of publishing. Please note that some further changes in data are possible because of return filing processes.
Publishing tax statistics meets the requirements of the Tax Administration Act 1994. This tax data must be used only for statistical purposes and no individual information is published or disclosed in any other form. Anyone who had access to the unit record data has certified that they have been shown, have read and have understood section 81 of the Tax Administration Act 1994, which relates to privacy and confidentiality.
Any material in this section may be reproduced and published without further permission, as long as it does not give the impression that it has been published under government authority and that the source is acknowledged.
Date published: 06 Mar 2014