myIR, payments and more
Calculate tax on holiday pay
Make PAYE and other deductions as regular pay when holiday pay is paid:
- instead of an employee's regular pay when they take annual leave, or
- as part of an employee's regular pay at the rate of 8% of their gross earnings, or
- as a lump sum before the holiday is taken (holiday pay is paid in advance) and is taxed using the alternative approach, or
- to a non-resident seasonal worker who is using the NSW tax code.
Make deductions as a lump sum (extra pay) when holiday pay is paid on top of an employee's regular pay. This includes when:
- holiday pay is paid in advance, and is not taxed using the alternative approach,or
- an employee gets their holiday pay paid as a lump sum at the end of their employment.
For more information about holiday pay, go to the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment's website
This service is located on a secure part of our website to prevent unauthorised interception. If you are unable to access this product, your browser and/or firewall settings may need updating.