Contact us: voice ID
We've been listening to your feedback and we've introduced a new and faster way for you to identify yourself when you call us.
It’s called voice ID and it allows us to recognise who you are - just by your voice. Because each person has a unique voice pattern, once you are enrolled all you need to do is speak your IR number when you call and we will know that it is you.
If we have written to you to tell you about voice ID all the information you need to enrol will be contained in that letter or email.
How does it work?
Every time you call, voice ID will automatically compare your unique voice print against the recording we hold.
Why should I enrol for voice ID?
voice ID does three things for you.
- It's easier - With voice ID identification it's easier and faster. No more questions for you to answer to prove who you are
- It's more secure - voice ID compares your own unique voice print when you call. This means only you can be you!
- More after-hours services - Because we'll know who you are, we can provide you with more after-hour services without you having to speak to us.
Who can enrol?
Because voice ID stores your unique voice print, enrolment is available to you when you use your individual IRD number.
How do I enrol?
Enrolling for voice ID is easy and will only take 2 minutes. Just call 0800 257 843 and make sure you have your IRD number handy. It will work best if you call us from somewhere quiet.
Peace of mind
On rare occasions, people will try to obtain your private information. To maintain your security we will not ask you for financial information like your credit card number or bank account details. Questions like these are not necessary to create your unique voice print. If at any stage you are being asked to provide these types of details please:
- email the number you were told to use to enrol to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- call us on 0800 227 774 - 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 1pm Saturday.
Date published: 27 Sep 2011
Back to top