(published October 2010)
About this return
Complete this return to work out how much GST you must pay or how much you will be refunded.
A better way to file your GST return is through myIR Secure Online Services.
This new service allows you to file your GST return or GST and provisional tax return through myIR. The form will be pre-populated with your personal information and tailored to your situation so you'll only be asked to complete sections relevant to your situation.
Adobe Acrobat PDF | 111kb | 1 page
This return can be completed on-screen by typing content directly into the PDF document. Once you have completed the form it is important that you print it out as you will not be able to save the information you enter into the form.
When to use this return
Use this service to file your GST return.
If you complete your GST return online through myIR Secure Online Services, your return will be made available in your account usually at the end of your taxable period.
What you will need
You need to have:
- a myIR Secure Online Services account to use this service. Simply login or register for myIR
- total sales and income or the total GST component
- zero-rated supplies
- total purchases and expenses or the total GST component
- you need to print and sign the receipt page after you have submitted this return. You will need to be able to produce a copy of the receipt page if your tax records are audited in the future.
- the DLN number from the paper return - this is the 14-character number on the top right of your paper return. This is required for the GST return (non-personalised) online return. If you don't have this number call us on 0800 377 776
After you finish
When you have submitted this return please print the receipt page and keep it for your tax records.