myIR, payments and more
IRD number application - non-res/offshore individual IR742
(published July 2016)
If you're overseas use this form to apply for an IRD number either for yourself or a child in your care.
If you're in New Zealand and:
- already have a valid work or student visa and
- your passport was verified by New Zealand Customs and Immigration at the airport when you arrived
you can apply for your IRD number online
To apply for an IRD number you need:
- proof of a fully functional New Zealand bank account or
- a completed customer due diligence form.
For help on how to get proof from your bank of a fully functional bank account, check out this guide
You'll find a list of the documents you need to send with this application on page 2 of this form.
Please print, complete and sign your IR742 form
If you're not in New Zealand you can email a legible copy of this form and the supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to the address below:
PO Box 39050
Wellington Mail Centre 5045
If you're in New Zealand take your completed application, with the original and legible copies of the supporting documents for an "In person verification" to:
- Automobile Association (AA) Driver Licensing Agents