"> Skip to Content

myIR, payments and more

Forms and guides
Ngā puka tāke me ngā puka tohutohu

Accounts information (2012 and earlier) IR10

(published November 2008)

About this form

Completing an IR10 will help speed up the processing of your tax return. You don't have to include your financial records, although we may ask for them later.

Note: Use this form for returns for the 2012 and previous tax years. For returns for 2013 and onwards use the Financial statements summary (IR10) which you'll find under "Forms and guides".

PDF | 122kb | 4 pages

This form can be completed on-screen by typing content directly into the PDF document. Once you have completed the form it is important that you print it out as you will not be able to save the information you enter into the form.

When to use this form

Use this form if the IR10G determines you are "in business". The Income Tax Act 2007 defines business as "any profession, trade or manufacture or undertaking carried on for pecuniary profit".

Generally, you will need to complete an IR10 if you:

  • are self-employed
  • receive other income
  • are claiming expenses against income.
What you will need

Your IRD number and financial records.

Report an accessibility problem for this page

After you finish

Please print and attach your completed IR10 to page three of your return. You do not need to send in your financial records.

You may wish keep a copy of this form for your records.

List of postal addresses for Inland Revenue >