Skip to Content

Forms and guides
Ngā puka tāke me ngā puka tohutohu

Forms starting with: C

Child support formula assessment application IR101

(published May 2010) 

About this form

As a child support paying parent you can apply for a formula assessment on your current circumstances.

Adobe Acrobat PDF | 227kb | 6 pages

When to use this form

You would use this for each separate Child support formula assessment (IR101) application form for each paying parent. List the children under the appropriate paying parent.

What you will need

Your IRD number.

The full name of the paying parent and any other details you are able to provide for us.

The full name of the child/ren in your care and the child/s IRD number if you have one.  You will also need to provide proof of the child's date of birth, for each child:

  • New Zealand or overseas birth certificate
  • New Zealand or overseas passport
  • certificate of New Zealand citizenship
  • certificate of identity
  • photo driver's licence
  • 18+ card issued by the Hospitality Association.

For proof of paternity you will need to provide:

  • the child's full New Zealand or Australian birth certificate
  • an adoption order for the child
  • a paternity order for the child made by a New Zealand or Australian court
  • a completed Acknowledgment of paternity for child support (IR106) form
  • a document signed by the paying parent acknowledging they are the child's parent.

If there is shared care, then you will need to provide:

  • which children shared care applies to
  • the name and the contact details of the other person who has care of the children
  • details of the shared care arrangement
  • a copy of one of the following:
    • a Court order, or
    • your shared care/access agreement, or
    • a letter signed by both parties, stating the care that each person has

Report an accessibility problem for this page

After you finish

When you have printed, signed, and enclosed all the necessary paperwork for this form, you can send it through to the Child Support office nearest to you.

You can find the address to use in "Contact Us".

List of postal addresses for Inland Revenue >