Skip to Content

myIR, payments and more

Forms and guides
Ngā puka tāke me ngā puka tohutohu

Elect someone to act on your behalf IR597

(published April 2016)

About this form

Complete this form if you want someone to act on your behalf with Inland Revenue.

PDF | 131kb | 2 pages

This form can be completed on-screen by typing content directly into the PDF document. Once you have completed the form it is important that you print it out as you will not be able to save the information you enter into the form.

When to use this form

Complete this form to nominate someone (for example, a family member or company staff member) to act on your behalf with us. This includes:

  • making enquiries
  • receiving your statements, refunds and other correspondence.

Having a nominated person does not change your responsibilities. You are still responsible for your own tax affairs, so you need to make sure that any returns are filed and tax paid by the due date.

Use the space available on the back of this form if you need to nominate more than one person.

For individuals, a nominated person can only be set by the person on whose account the nominated person will have authority.

For a non-individual entity, a nominated person (for example, payroll clerk or office administrator) can only be set up by a company director, a trustee or estate administrator, an Executive Office Holder of a club or society, or a partner of a partnership.

To protect your privacy and security we can only discuss your tax affairs and/or child support with you or the person you nominate to act on your behalf (your nominee).

What you will need

You will need

  • your IRD number and personal details, and
  • the IRD number and details of the person or people you are nominating.

Report an accessibility problem for this page

After you finish

Please print off this form, complete the details, sign and post the form to your nearest Inland Revenue office.

You may wish to keep a copy of this form for your personal records.

List of postal addresses for Inland Revenue >