Skip to Content

myIR, payments and more

Forms and guides
Ngā puka tāke me ngā puka tohutohu

Tax agents' guide for migrants and returning New Zealanders IR1069

(published April 2016)

About this form

This guide helps you advise your clients about the New Zealand tax system and tax on international income, eg, from businesses, trusts and pensions. Tax agents specialising in these areas can give more detailed advice.

PDF | 252kb | 24 pages

When to use this form

Use this guide to work out how to treat international income, assets and liabilities and for more information about:

  • self-assessments
  • qualifying for New Zealand tax residency
  • transitional tax residency and the temporary tax exemption
  • taxing foreign income
  • dual tax residency
  • international tax agreements
  • which country to pay tax in.
What you will need
After you finish

List of postal addresses for Inland Revenue >