myIR, payments and more
We'll show you how to:
- log in to ir-File
- register your employee for KiwiSaver
- opt-out an employee who does not want to be part of the KiwiSaver scheme
Log in to ir-File
Access to the system is through our website.
On the right side of page, under Services requiring login
select Login >
Login to Online Services
Enter your UserID and Password.
Then select Login
Welcome to Online services
You're now in your secure account.
From here you can choose to:
- submit returns
- view and confirm your account balances, transaction details, earnings and due dates
- apply or register (for additional services).
Note: the same options are available in the dark teal navigation bar at the top of the page.
Select ir-File (Employer monthly schedule).
ir-File - Workspace
If you have set up Workspace to be your preferred default screen (see Lesson 4: Customising ir-File) you now need to go to the left hand menu and select KiwiSaver.
KiwiSaver details form
About this form
The KiwiSaver details form allows employers, tax agents and PAYE intermediaries to electronically notify us of employee details for KiwiSaver purposes.
When to use this service
Use this service to advise details for:
- New employees, who meet KiwiSaver automatic enrolment eligibility criteria
- Existing employees, who are not already members of a KiwiSaver scheme but are eligible and wish to opt-in
- Employees who are automatically enrolled, and wish to opt out of KiwiSaver.
What you will need
- Employee enrolment and/or opt-out details
- Employee bank account number (if employee is option out and we have KiwiSaver funds that are to be refunded).
By clicking on the Continue > button on the bottom right of the screen, you will be taken to the individual employee KiwiSaver registration form.
KiwiSaver registration form
This form is divided into three sections.
This section will ask for your employer IRD number, business name, contact name and contact phone numbers. Most of these will pre-populate.
Here you would enter if the employee is new or existing, their name details, contact details, IRD number and name or identifier as would be shown on the EMS/IR348. Only the details on the employee being existing or new, and their name or EMS/IR348 identifier are compulsory fields to this part of the form.
The four questions in this section only need to be completed if this employee wishes to Opt out of KiwiSaver. If they do wish to Opt out then you first need to select the tick box for question 12, then you need to supply the employment start date, employee bank account number, name of the account holder and the date the opt-out notice was signed by the employee.
Once you have checked this form and you are satisfied that all details are correct you need to click on Send to Inland Revenue button on the bottom right of the screen.
KiwiSaver send KS1
This screen will confirm that the KiwiSaver registration form (KS1) has been successfully sent through to us. If there are any issues with sending the form there will be notification here advising you what needs to be fixed.
This completes Lesson 3: KiwiSaver employees
Where to next?
You can give us
Feedback on ir-File demonstration >.