Skip to Content

Find out about
Me pēhea

Work out your tax code

You may need to work out your tax code when you:

  • start a new job, or have more than one job
  • start or stop being eligible for the independent earner tax credit (IETC)
  • have a student loan, or you've recently paid one off and need to stop repayments
  • start working for schedular payments
  • are a casual agricultural worker, recognised seasonal worker or election day worker.

If you've been using the ML or ML SL tax codes you will need to change these before 1 April 2013.

Work out your tax code

if you're...


Date published: 30 Sep 2014

Back to top