Skip to Content

myIR, payments and more

Changing jobs and the independent earner tax credit

Changes in your circumstances, including the amount and source of your income, may affect your entitlement to the independent earner tax credit (IETC). For example, if you’re changing jobs, you’ll need to check that you’re still eligible for the IETC and that your tax code is still correct.

If you are changing your … then you will need to make sure that …
main job tax code ME or ME SL is still correct for you.
secondary job you still qualify for IETC. If you no longer qualify you’ll need to update your tax code at your main job as well.