Skip to Content

Individual income tax
Tāke moni whiwhi mō te takitahi

Claiming the independent earner tax credit if you earn other income

If you meet the eligibility criteria for the independent earner tax credit (IETC) and you’re not:

  • self-employed or
  • an employee earning a salary or wage

you can receive your IETC entitlement by requesting a personal tax summary (PTS) or by filing an Individual tax return (IR3) at the end of the tax year.

Find out more



Date published: 04 Mar 2009

Back to top