Since payroll giving was introduced, close to $17.7 million has been donated directly from a growing number of peoples' pay to their favourite charity or donee organisation.
In May 2014 alone 4,636 employees donated close to $772,200. Because the donations were made through payroll giving, these employees received immediate tax credits totalling just over $257,300. They did not need to wait until the end of the year to make a claim.
Take a look at New Zealand's payroll giving statistics for the last 12 months to May 2014
Why donate through payroll giving?
Setting up payroll giving in your workplace
How workplaces choose to set up payroll giving is flexible. Some workplaces have started with a short list of donee organisations.
Find out more
- Payroll giving for employers
- Payroll giving for individuals
- Payroll giving for donee organisations
- Payroll giving for software developers
- Generosity Hub: Payroll giving information & resources
Date published: 06 Aug 2014