myIR, payments and more
This is to provide supporting information to those customers who would’ve received an SMS message during the week 12 – 16 March 2018 that read:
"Hi, IRD here. Want to know if you get a tax refund? This year we’ll work it out for you. Go to ird.govt.nz/pts for more info.”
- Requested a Personal Tax Summary for 2016 and 2017
- Are not linked to a Tax Agent or a Tax Refund Company, and
- Received the above SMS message
Then you won't need to do anything this year. If you’re due a tax refund for the tax year ending 31 March 2018, we will automatically calculate this once we receive your income details from your employer.
If you're not due a refund, then we won't issue a Personal Tax Summary for you. If you’re due a refund, this will be ready by June 2018.
Here’s what will happen, and when:
- April to May – Inland Revenue collects your income information from your employer(s)
- May to June – We’ll calculate if you’re due a tax refund for the last year
- June - We’ll let you know if you will you receive a tax refund or not
We’ll keep you updated along the way through SMS messages and updates to this page.
In the meantime, make sure your details are up to date in myIR – including your bank account, address and contact phone number.
If you don’t have a myIR account, you can register here.
If you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset this online here.