Skip to Content

myIR, payments and more

Which school payments you can claim tax credits on

You can claim a donation tax credit on:

  • school fees or
  • state run kindergartens

As long as they go to the general fund and you have a receipt with the word 'donation' written on it.

You can't claim a donation tax credit on:

  • attendance due fees
  • tuition fees, ie where a separate fee is charged for any course of tuition
  • university, polytech or other tertiary education fees
  • private kindergarten or other early childcare fees.

Go to Claiming tax credits