Skip to Content

myIR, payments and more

Employer responsibilities
Ngā kaiwhakawhiwhi mahi takohanga

Pay record keeping requirements

You must keep records of all your PAYE deductions.

Records to keep

You must keep:

  • wagebook information
  • copies of PAYE payment information
  • Tax code declaration (IR330) forms completed by employees
  • Tax rate notification for contractors (IR330C) forms completed by contractors
  • letters from us requesting you change your employee's tax code
  • letters from us requesting you change a contractor's tax rate
  • a copy of any written agreements to treat a payment to a contractor as a voluntary schedular payment from which you make a deduction
  • copies of certificate of exemptions
  • copies of special tax codes
  • copies of special tax rate certificates.

How long do I need to keep them?

All your pay records must be held in New Zealand for at least seven years.

Find out more

Keeping records