For businesses and employers: Starting a business
Our Business tax information officers offer free tax education and advice to new businesses and small organisations. They work from most Inland Revenue offices and travel regularly to other areas.
Using the service
You can use our advisory service to find out about:
- the taxes you need to know about
- what records you need to keep
- how to complete GST and employer returns
- your KiwiSaver obligations
- when you should file returns and make payments.
Our service is free to:
- any individual or organisation in business
- anyone considering setting up in business
- sports clubs and other non-profit bodies.
It's particularly useful for organisations where people in voluntary positions, such as treasurers, frequently change.
Using the advisory service can:
- help you keep better business records, which may reduce the cost of completing year-end accounts
- let you plan your tax requirements in advance
- save time by helping you get things right from the start.
Date published: 26 Apr 2012
Back to top