Skip to Content

myIR, payments and more

For individuals & families
Te hunga takitahi me ngā whānau

As a parent

Inland Revenue deals with a number of issues that may affect you as a parent, including paid parental leave, Working for Families Tax Credits, child support, tax credits for working parents, and taxation of family trusts and property agreements.

Paid parental leave

Paid parental leave is a government-funded entitlement paid to eligible working mothers and adoptive parents when they take parental leave from their job(s) to care for their newborn or adopted child (under the age of six).

Common questions and answers on Working for Families Tax Credits

Answers to frequently asked questions on when to contact us, qualifying for Working for Families Tax Credits, receiving the payments and what to do when your circumstances change.

Nominate someone to act on your behalf

You can nominate someone to act on your behalf to look after your tax affairs. This could be if you're going overseas for an extended period, if you can't contact us during work hours for any reason, or if you would just like someone other than a tax agent to look after your tax affairs.

Tax credits (formerly rebates) for working parents

You may apply for a tax credit if you earn a taxable income and have donated money to a charitable organisation, and/or have paid school fees, and/or have paid for childcare.