Skip to Content

myIR, payments and more

For non-residents & visitors
Mō ngā tauiwi me ngā manuhiri
For non-residents & visitors: Travelling to New Zealand

Send an enquiry to Inland Revenue

If you have specific questions about your tax details, you'll need to register for myIR Secure Online Services and select the "Secure mail" service. This lets you send and receive secure email.

If you have general questions about tax matters, you don't need to be registered to email us. You can either:

  • use our Send a non-resident enquiry to Inland Revenue form if you
    • are enquiring from overseas and have no connection with New Zealand, or
    • are visiting New Zealand for less than 183 days in any 12 month period, and don't have an enduring relationship with New Zealand, or
    • leave New Zealand for more than 325 days in any 12-month period, and have no permanent place of abode in New Zealand and no New Zealand income (other than interest or dividends)
  • see our Contact us details for other ways to contact us.