Skip to Content

Making payments to Inland Revenue

There are several ways you can pay your tax or child support, or Kiwisaver contributions if you're self-employed or wish to make voluntary contributions. You can pay us electronically, by post, or in person at Westpac Bank.

Electronic payments

You can pay electronically by credit or debit card, internet banking, automatic payment or direct credit.

Postal payments

Find out how to make payments to us by post both from here and overseas.

Payments at Westpac Bank

You can make payments to us at any Westpac branch. Locate your nearest Westpac branch.

Overseas payments

You can pay us while you're overseas using a credit or debit card, telegraph transfer, foreign bank draft, personal foreign cheque, foreign postal order or money order.

Child support payments

You can pay your child support payments by credit or debit card, automatic deductions from your benefit, online payments, automatic payments, posting a cheque, or at any Westpac branch.


Find out how to make KiwiSaver contributions if you're self-employed, or you wish to make voluntary contributions.

Account types

You will need an account type to use if you're making payments to us.

When to pay

Due dates for payments are on your return or statement. You can create a personalised calendar to remind you of your due dates.

Payment slips

Preprinted payment slips have your payment details encoded on them. Find out what to do if you don't have a payment slip, and what happens if you have a tax agent.



Date published: 23 Nov 2004

Back to top

Individuals & Families


Non-profit organisations