myIR, payments and more
Existing employees can choose to join KiwiSaver if they meet the eligibility criteria.
They can do this by:
- giving you the KiwiSaver deduction form (KS2) to tell you of their chosen deduction rate of either 3%, 4% or 8%, or
- contacting their chosen KiwiSaver scheme provider.
You need to give your employee the Your introduction to KiwiSaver - employee information (KS3) pack within seven days of receiving the KS2.
You must make KiwiSaver deductions from all payments of salary and wages from their next pay until:
- the employee no longer receives salary or wages,
- a contributions holiday is granted,
- we notify you to stop making deductions, or
- the employee gives you a Non-deduction notice (KS51).
We may also write to you asking you to being making deductions from an employee's pay:
- after they join by contracting direct with a scheme provider, or
- when a contributions holiday expires.