myIR, payments and more
E-File is a way for tax agents to transmit data from their own computer system directly to our mainframe. You can also receive your client lists, debt letter 1 reports and summary of earnings reports.
What you can do with E-File
Subject to availability in your software package using E-File you can electronically send:
- returns, including:
- Individual income return (IR3)
- Non-resident income tax return (IR3NR)
- Companies income tax return (IR4)
- Income tax return: Estate or trust (IR6)
- Partnerships and look-through companies (LTCs) income tax return (IR7)
- Income tax return: Māori authorities (IR8)
- Income tax return: Clubs or societies (IR9)
- Tax credit claim form (IR526)
- GST returns
- a request for or confirmation of a personal tax summary
- correspondence on its own or attached to a client's return
- changes in your client list
- changes in your client details, eg a change of address, and
- stationery orders.
Benefits to tax agents
E-File increases the speed of transactions, improves efficiency and reduces costs.
Speed of transactions
Speed is increased because you:
- receive quick confirmation that returns, correspondence and requests for the tax agent management system (TAMS) reports have reached us
- receive refunds quicker. If the refund is to be direct credited to the client's bank account the process is even faster, and
- gain electronic access to notice of assessment details.
Improvement in efficiency
Efficiency is improved because:
- the software package contains edit checks which reduces errors
- you can electronically update your client lists so you can make sure they are accurate
- you can request some of our stationery items electronically
- you can request up-to-date information on client lists, return filing performance and client provisional tax at any time, and
- you can monitor progress towards extension of time targets.
Costs are reduced because:
- your communication and stationery costs are reduced, and
- you'll need to invest less staff time and cost in keeping your client list up-to-date.
Benefits to clients
E-File gives your clients a better service. They will receive their notices of assessment and refunds quicker. For any refund payments that are direct credited into their bank accounts the process will be even faster.