About this site: Your privacy
Meeting your tax obligations involves giving accurate information to Inland Revenue. We ask you for it so we can correctly assess your liabilities and entitlements under whichever of the following Acts apply to you. We also ask for contact details so we can send you any forms or returns that you'll need.
- Tax Administration Act 1994
- Income Tax Act 2007
- Goods and Services Tax Act 1985
- Child Support Act 1991
- Student Loans Scheme Act 1992
- Injury Prevention, Rehabilitation, and Compensation Act 2001
- Estate and Gift Duties Act 1968
- Stamp and Cheque Duties Act 1971
- Gaming Duties Act 1971
You must, by law, give us the information to determine your liabilities or entitlements. Penalties may apply if you do not.
We will hold the information supplied. We may also exchange information about you with these organisations or their contracted agencies:
- Ministry of Social Development
- Ministry of Justice
- Department of Labour (now the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment)
- Ministry of Education
- New Zealand Customs Service
- Accident Compensation Corporation (business/employment information only).
We also exchange information for statistical purposes with Statistics New Zealand.
These organisations will not be able to recognise any individual person from the information they receive.
Information may also be provided to countries with which New Zealand has an information supply agreement.
You may ask to see the personal information we hold about you by calling us on 0800 377 774 (or 0800 221 221 for Child Support). Unless we have a lawful reason for withholding the information, we will show it to you and correct any errors.
Date published: 18 Jun 2008