Service for businesses and tax agents only
About this service
This service allows all businesses, GST-registered individuals and tax agents to manage access to their myIR Secure Online Services account. Manage account access (MAA) gives you the ability to give others access to your account and allows you to control access to a range of services enabling you to give, suspend or cancel access to those services. You’ll also be able to change your details, reset passwords and view user access reports.
When to use this service
Manage account access is available to customers with a myIR account and who are:
- the owner or an administrator of that account, and either
- a tax agent, or
- a business, or
- a GST-registered individual
myIR gives you access to a range of services that are relevant to your situation, such as:
- Secure mail (available to all customers)
- File an employer schedule (ir-File) (available to employers, tax agents and payroll bureaus)
- Look at Account Information (available to tax agents and businesses)
- Account Information (available to individuals)
- My family details and income (available to Working for Families tax credits customers - primary child carers only)
- Client maintenance and financial transfers (available to tax agents only)
- Portfolio investment entity (PIE) file transfer service (available to businesses and employers only)
- GST return filing (available to GST-registered customers), and
- other services dependant on your situation.
As an owner or administrator, you will only be able to grant access to others on the services available to you.
There are 3 levels of access to a myIR account:
- Account owners - either individual customers who have registered for myIR using their own IRD number, or authorised persons for organisations registering for a myIR account, such as a company director. Owners have full access to the myIR account, including setting up account administrators and users through Manage account access.
- Account administrators - persons who have been set up through Manage account access by the account owner. Account administrators can also set up other administrators and users. They have the same access and functions as account owners, except they are not able to view reports for the account owner.
- Account users - persons who have been set up through Manage account access by the account owner or administrator. Account users only have access to the specific services that have been delegated to them by the account owner or administrator.
As an owner or administrator, you can update the levels of access to your myIR account anytime using Manage account access .
What you will need
Your myIR user ID and password.
If you have not yet registered, please follow the Register link above.
If you have registered, and have activated your account, please use the Login link above.
If you wish to register using a tax agency's IRD number you will require a visit from your Agent Account Manager.
After you finish
When you have finished using the Manage account access service, you may navigate to other myIR Secure Online Services or log out.
This service may require you to send confidential information to Inland Revenue so it is located on a secure part of our website to prevent unauthorised interception. If you are unable to access this service, your browser and/or firewall settings may need updating.
Inland Revenue takes online security very seriously. We have systems in place to protect the information you provide us, and regularly update our standards and technology to provide protection for your personal information.
You play an important role in protecting your information by taking basic precautions to protect your computer and data. You should keep your computer secure, only deal online with people and organisations you know and trust, and check that your personal information travels across the internet on secure connections.
There are many resources about computer security (such as websites, books and magazines) that can help guide you on what security precautions are appropriate for your situation.