myIR, payments and more
|List of words and terms used in this section|
|Listed PIE||Non-resident passive income|
|Resident passive income|
A listed PIE (portfolio investment entity) is a company listed on the New Zealand stock exchange that:
- has elected to become a PIE, and
- is not a PIE that uses the investor's prescribed investor rate.
Formerly non-resident withholding income
Resident passive income means an amount paid to a person resident in New Zealand that consists of:
- a dividend
- a taxable Māori authority distribution (other than a retirement scheme contribution)
- a replacement payment paid to a person under a share lending arrangement
- RWT required to be withheld under the RWT rules unless the context otherwise requires.