We acheive our mission by delivering outcomes, long-term results, for New Zealand.
- Revenue is available to fund government programmes through people meeting payment obligations of their own accord.
- People receive payments they're entitled to, enabling them to participate in society.
- New Zealanders benefit economically and socially through Inland Revenue working collaboratively across our external environment.
Some of the key results and indicators that tell us we're making the right impacts.
Revenue and debt
- $100.6 billion - Tax revenue was $100.6 billion, 7.3% higher than last year. Overdue tax debt was 4.6% of tax revenue compared to 4.5% last year.
- 89% of the tax payments made by customers were on time.
- 62% of new customer debt was resolved within 6 months.
Making tax easier
- 79% of customers who received automatically issued individual income tax assessments this year had nothing to do. (provisional figures as at 30 June 2022)
- 98.7% of returns were filed digitally.
- 80% found us easy to deal with.
Trust and social policy payments
- 72% of customers had trust in Inland Revenue.
- 99.8% of Working for Families and paid parental leave payments were paid on time.
|Our mission||Our vision||Our culture|
|We contribute to the economic and social wellbeing of New Zealand by collecting and distributing money.||A world-class revenue organisation recognised for service and excellence.||
Last updated: 13 Sep 2022