We've put our website and its content together so it works for all people. We've followed agreed accessibility standards to help us. Our content is for people with all levels of hearing, movement, sight and cognitive ability.
We've written our content so it's:
- easy to use
- easy to read and understand
- accessible to everyone
- accessible on any device.
Using our main site navigation for easy access
Our site has a main navigation that uses:
- I want to (this is where we keep all the tasks you'll need)
- Tell me about (this section has all the help about a topic)
- Tax for (this holds all the information for groups of taxpayers, for example a charity)
- My situation (get all the information for your situation, eg starting a new business)
Using the NZ Government Web Standards
Our content team has used two web standards that government organisations need to meet. These are:
- Web Accessibility Standards
- Web Usability Standards
We've used them to make our website accessible and usable for everyone.