Through our strategy, we will improve oranga for current and future generations. We make our biggest contribution to oranga through economic activities including collecting and distributing money.
Oranga is more than a word. It encompasses the physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing of an individual and their interconnectedness with the natural world around them. We contribute to oranga tāngata, oranga whānau and oranga whenua (wellbeing for people, families, the environment).
There are 3 roles that we use to improve oranga for current and future generations.
Effective and efficient
Being effective and efficient means doing what we do in the best ways for the best results.
- We are focused on getting the right results for everyone in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- We are using our knowledge, resources and capabilities wisely.
- We are continuously creating opportunities and space to improve and innovate.
We are actively making sure what we're responsible for is fit for purpose today and tomorrow.
- We are working to meet current and future needs of customers and governments.
- We continually protect and enhance the tax and social policy systems we're responsible for.
- We have the right people and capabilities as our work evolves.
We work across the public service to deliver more for Aotearoa New Zealand.
- We are creating greater value for Aotearoa New Zealand by working across the public service.
- We will increasingly work with other agencies where we are best placed to contribute.
Our business strategies
Our business strategies focus on areas of work with strategic importance. They relate to products, customers and enabling strategies which connect across the organisation. These strategies are agreed through enterprise governance.
Our outcomes - what we'll achieve
- The intergenerational oranga of the people of Aotearoa New Zealand is supported by Inland Revenue's active stewardship.
- Oranga increases when Inland Revenue works with other organisations.
- People receive their entitlements, enabling oranga.
- Revenue is available to fund government programmes and services.
Our strategy helps us plan, prioritise and make change in a consistent way. We will:
- keep customers at the centre of what we do
- support our people and their capabilties to create success
- become Te Tiriti-based
- maximise the benefits of being digitally enabled for our customers and our partners
- add greater value through working collaboratively with our partners to deliver services
- actively take care of what we have now and ensure it is a fit for the future
- have an integrated planning and funding model
- get the most value from our data, analytics, information and knowledge
- have a fit-for-purpose change delivery model.