Skip to main content

Temporary system shutdown | On Friday 20 October from 3pm our phonelines will close. From 3.30pm our offices will close and our online services will close at 4pm. All services will be available from 8am Tuesday 24 October. Find out more

If you estimated your current taxable income for your child support and now want to cancel it, use this form. You can cancel your estimate before or during the child support year you estimated for, not afterwards.

Before you start

You'll need:

  • your year for cancelling
  • to check that your contact details are up to date in myIR.

In myIR, select 'More...' from the child support account panel

Select 'Cancel your child support income estimations'

Enter the required details and submit

Log in to myIR

You can also cancel your estimation:

  • as a message in myIR
  • by calling us
  • by sending us a letter.

Check you've included your correct information and any documents we need.

Send us your documents at:

Child Support
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045

Child support - contact us

What happens next

When you cancel your estimate, we recalculate your child support assessment using your original income. 

You may have to make a payment to catch up. This will show on your statement of account.

Was this page helpful?

What did you like about this page?

Please tell us how we could improve this page?

Thanks for sharing your opinion! Your feedback has been received.

Sorry there was an issue submitting your feedback, please try again later.

Last updated: 07 Sep 2023
Jump back to the top of the page