Any person affected by a decision or who receives a Child support to pay, or Child support entitlement letter may object to it.
For example, you can object to our decision:
- to make or refuse to make a formula assessment of child support
- about the proportion of ongoing daily care that a carer provides
- that a child is or is not a dependent child
- to accept the other person's decision to end a formula assessment
- to refuse to accept a decision to end a formula assessment or to overturn the acceptance of a decision to end a formula assessment
- to refuse to accept an estimation
- to issue an assessment because you have estimated but did not file your income tax return
- to impose a penalty
- to accept an application for a voluntary agreement.
If you are objecting to the registration of an overseas maintenance decision under 2007 Child Support Convention you need to submit a challenge to this decision.