Any person affected by a decision or who receives a Child support to pay, or Child support entitlement letter may object to it.
For example, you can object to our decision:
- to make or refuse to make a formula assessment of child support
- about the proportion of ongoing daily care that a carer provides
- that a child is or is not a dependent child
- to accept the other person's decision to end a formula assessment
- to refuse to accept a decision to end a formula assessment or to overturn the acceptance of a decision to end a formula assessment
- to refuse to accept an estimation
- to issue an assessment because you have estimated but did not file your income tax return
- to impose a penalty
- to accept an application for a voluntary agreement.
If you are objecting to the registration of an overseas maintenance decision under 2007 Child Support Convention you need to submit a challenge to this decision.
What did you like about this page?
Please tell us how we could improve this page?
Thanks for sharing your opinion! Your feedback has been received.
Sorry there was an issue submitting your feedback, please try again later.