If you're having problems logging in to myIR, the first thing to do is check for any outage alerts on the blue banner at the top of the website.
If there is not an outage alert, look at the suggestions below to help you access your account again. You do not need to call us.
You will need your myIR logon username and the email address that's registered with your myIR logon to reset your password. You can reset your password by choosing 'Forgot password?' on the myIR login page.
Passwords must be at least 5 characters long. Passwords under 10 characters must have at least 2 of the following:
- lowercase letters
- uppercase letters
- special characters.
Your password must not:
- contain your user ID
- be one of the most commonly used passwords
- be over 255 characters long.
If you have typed the correct password, try clearing your computer cache and cookies, then close your browser and try again. This should clear any previous passwords still being used by the browser to log in.
Otherwise, you should reset your password. See below.
If you're using Google Chrome
in Chrome, click the ⋮ (vertical ellipses) in the top right corner of the screen
- choose More tools
- choose Clear browsing data...
- choose the desired time range in the drop-down menu. To delete everything, select All time
- make sure the box next to Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files are ticked, then click Clear data.
If you're using Internet Explorer
- in Internet Explorer, click the gear icon on the top right corner
- choose Internet options from the drop-down menu
- under Browsing history click Delete
- make sure the box next to Cookies and website data are ticked, then click Ok
If clearing your computer cookies is not the issue.
- If you've been copying and pasting your password - try typing it in.
- Enter it in the correct case as your password is case-sensitive
- Make sure you do not have an extra space character at the end of your user ID - your smartphone may have added one in.
It can take up to 10 minutes to deliver the email. Be sure to check your junk folder as well.
If you're trying to log in and do not receive an error message after you entered your user ID and password, close your browser and log in again. If this does not work, try clearing your browser history.
If you use myIR regularly and want to save it as a favourite, you need to bookmark the IRD website homepage
https://www.ird.govt.nz/ and not the myIR login screen.
You will need your user ID and password to log in to your RealMe account. If you have forgotten either of these, you will also need your email address.