The best way to avoid debt is by keeping your income details up to date. When we have the wrong income or family information about you we may end up paying you too much. That means you end up owing us money.
If you are in debt:
- check the information we have about you is correct
- update anything that is wrong
- make an arrangement to repay what you owe us - you can ask for time to pay us back
- you can choose to use some of your current weekly or fortnightly payments in an instalment arrangement
- pay back the money by the agreed date.