Skip to main content

Budget 2024: The Government has announced FamilyBoost, a proposed new childcare payment to help eligible families with the rising costs of Early Childhood Education (ECE). Find out more:

Use this form if you're getting child support or domestic maintenance and you want us to stop collecting payments from the liable parent.

You can ask us not to collect all or part of the money owing. You cannot cancel any penalties owed by the liable parent/person as these are owed to the government.

Only the receiving carer, the person getting the child support payments, can complete this form.

This form does not cancel child support or domestic maintenance.

Before you start

You'll need:

  • the liable parent's name
  • to make sure your contact details are up to date in myIR.

In myIR, select 'More...' from the Child support - Receiving carer account panel

Select 'Tell us not to collect'

Enter the required details and submit

Log in to myIR

You can also fill in the Authorisation not to collect child support or domestic maintenance - IR129 form.

Check you've included your correct information and any documents we need. Sign the form and send your documents to us at:

Child Support
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045

Child support - contact us

What happens next

We'll stop collecting the payments you have asked us not to collect on the form.

My responsibilities

You'll need to complete the following forms if you do not want us to collect any future child support or domestic maintenance payments.

Cancel your child support

Cancel your domestic maintenance

If you're getting the Unsupported Child's Benefit, you cannot ask us to stop collecting child support. But, you can ask us to stop collecting court-ordered lump sums of child support.

Once you have asked us not to collect payments owed to you, you cannot later ask us to collect them. If you change your mind and would like the payments collected, you can collect them by applying through the District Court.

Ministry of Justice - Child support

Was this page helpful?

What did you like about this page?

Please tell us how we could improve this page?

Thanks for sharing your opinion! Your feedback has been received.

Sorry there was an issue submitting your feedback, please try again later.

Last updated: 12 Apr 2024
Jump back to the top of the page