Skip to main content

Budget 2024: The Government has announced FamilyBoost, a proposed new childcare payment to help eligible families with the rising costs of Early Childhood Education (ECE). Find out more:

Follow this process to cancel your domestic maintenance under a court order or voluntary agreement. Only the person getting domestic maintenance may cancel it.

Before you start

For both the person paying and the person receiving domestic maintenance, you'll need:

  • IRD numbers
  • current addresses
  • contact details.

Complete an IR112

Complete and sign our 'Cancelling domestic maintenance' form (IR112).

In myIR, select 'I want to...'

Select 'Send a message'

Select 'Child support'

Tell us you want to cancel

Add your completed IR112 as an attachment and send us your message.

Log in to myIR

You can also cancel by sending us a letter. Check you've included your correct information and any documents we need.

Sign your letter and send it to us at:

Child Support
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045

What happens next

We'll cancel your domestic maintenance from the date you’ve chosen. If you have not asked for a specific cancellation date, we’ll cancel from the date we received your request.

My responsibilities

Once you’ve cancelled payments of domestic maintenance, you cannot later ask us to collect them. If you were owed payments before cancelling, you can collect those by applying through the Family Court.

Ministry of Justice - Child support

Was this page helpful?

What did you like about this page?

Please tell us how we could improve this page?

Thanks for sharing your opinion! Your feedback has been received.

Sorry there was an issue submitting your feedback, please try again later.

Last updated: 12 Apr 2024
Jump back to the top of the page